I did a bad thing before going back to uni and used some of my Christmas money to splurge on a few goodies from Superdrug and Boots. These are products I have wanted for absolute ages, and if you want me to review any then let me know!
1. Real Techniques – The Real Techniques Powder Brush 1401 was too difficult to resist and is literally amazing. I couldn’t even bring myself to use it for the first few days after purchase because it is so soft and luxurious. First impressions of the brush have been really positive and it applies powder and blush like an absolute dream. I also purchased the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and have been absolutely blown away with how it seamlessly applies foundation, cream blush and bronzer, creating a flawless finish. Finally, I got my hands on a Real Techniques Shading Brush in order to prevent myself indulging in a MAC 217 brush. So far I am loving using the shading brush to blend eyeshadow through my crease, it was extremely good value compared to other high-end brushes costing just £7.99.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (in translucent) is an essential for everyone’s make-up bags. It is so affordable and will ensure that your make-up stays on all day.
3. I am obsessed with the Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr so I grabbed a few more of these as I use them almost every single day. The colours I picked out were On and On Bronze, Pink Gold, Metallic Pomegranate and Tough as Taupe. I’m definitely going to do a tutorial or review using these products as I absolutely adore them.
4. There was a deal on at the Maybelline counter so I decided to pick up a Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Coral Fever, as I have heard good things about these lipsticks and coral tones are spring and summer staples! I am really excited to give them a try!
5. I needed to pick up a concealer as mine is running out and I have such dark circles under my eyes that I frantically try to cover up. The Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is a cult favourite and it really does not disappoint.
6. I have been eyeing up the SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL Bronzing Makeup Base for MONTHS after seeing Tanya Burr and other bloggers using it. £31 for a bronzer seems very steep to me, and as a student I tend not to buy many high-end products. Thankfully I have heard so many good things about the Bourjois Paris Bronzing Primer which is less than a third of the price, convincing me to pick one up.
7. Most avid readers of my blog will be aware of my unhealthy obsession with the Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer‘s as they are so pigmented and long-lasting. All of the colours I already had from this collection are really bright, so I only get to wear them on evenings out or when I’m feeling brave. For this reason, I decided to get two unusual nude shades and I am really loving them – I chose Luna and Aurora.
8. Despite the fact that Sleek blushes have been raved about for years, I have loyally stuck to my Topshop cream blushes until now. I caved in to the craze and purchased a Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in the colour Pumpkin, which consists of three highly pigmented shades – raspberry, baby pink and coral.
9. Finally, I purchased a Gosh Intense Eye Liner Pen in Brown 6. I can’t rave enough about these eyeliners I absolutely adore them! They are yet to by hyped up by any beauty bloggers so I am gonna start the Gosh revolution (haha!) I have another one of these in the colour green and they are both equally amazing and gorgeous!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and if you want me to review or swatch any of these products, do let me know 🙂