As I am a complete camera dodger unless I’ve had a couple of drinks, this is my first face of the day post! I went for simple make-up with bold lashes and a bright lip, which is my favourite look to go for on a night out.
Products I used
- Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Pink Gold as a base, which helps your eye make-up stay on all night and looks so pretty.
- I then ran a bit of the brown colour through the crease of my eye with this fantastically good value Barry M eyeshadow palette.
- I used a bit of Rimmel Soft Khol Kajal Eye Pencil in white as a highlight on my waterline and on the inner corners of my eyes.
- I lightly winged out some of my favourite drugstore liquid eyeliner – which is Gosh’s Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen in Brown 3.
- Finally, I put Benefit’s They’re Real mascara on my bottom lashes, and my housemate kindly helped me apply these Katy Perry eyelashes as I fail at putting them on myself.
- Even though I wanted my make-up to stay on all night, I didn’t use a primer. I find that as I have dry skin, it tends to stay on if I just set my make-up with a bit of powder. So I used my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder and set it with my gorgeous Real Techniques powder brush.
- I naturally have an olive skin tone on my body, but my face is a lot paler, so I decided to use Bourjois’ cream bronzer beneath my cheekbones and around the sides of my face for a bit of contour.I then applied my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation over the top with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to blend it out and give a flawless finish.
- As I already applied a cream bronzer under my foundation, I didn’t want to apply any more contour because I thought it would make me look a bit drag queen. Instead, I used a highlighter to really brighten under my eyes and accentuate my cheekbones. I used the highlighting section from Sleek’s contour kit.
- On the apples of my cheeks I applied a teeny bit of Topshop’s cream blush in Afternoon Tea to give a really natural glow.
- Lastly, I had to eliminate my pesky dark under-eye circles by sweeping some of Collection’s amazing concealer under my eyes.
- Some of you may notice that I haven’t discussed an eyebrow product here, which is because I have naturally very thick eyebrows so feel that filling them in would be a bit too over the top.
- If you’re weird like me, and get excited by the prospect of being able to go crazy with a bright lip colour on a night out, then the Rimmel Apocolips collection would be perfect for you. I picked this radioactive bold pink colour in Apocalyptic which I am obsessed with.
- My only qualm with these lip lacquers is that they tend to bleed out onto your face if you don’t prep your lips or apply it properly. To prevent this, I used The Body Shop’s lipliner in Mauve Berry.
Looking at this long list of make-up really did shock me a bit, especially as it only took me about half an hour to do my full face. On a day to day basis, I just stick to a bit of foundation and mascara, so you guys know that I don’t go crazy with loads of products every day haha! Really hope you enjoyed this make-up look and my first ever FOTD post, let me know if you would like any tutorials or want to see more of these kind of posts.