As I’m a bit of a weirdo who didn’t think to make any resolutions at the start of the year, I decided there are some positive changes I’m going to enforce this month.
1. Positivity – I am often one to worry and doubt myself and don’t really ever take the time to reflect on what I have achieved. I spend most of my time worrying about assignments, and what I’m going to do after university, and if I am doing enough. I think it’s time for me to start giving myself small goals, and being happy when I achieve them, instead of living by going from one worry to another.
2. Spend less – The love of spending money is probably a major problem for most beauty and fashion bloggers. Reading people’s posts is addicting, and I get drawn in to buying things I don’t need. Even though I believe it is good to treat yourself, I’m really going to focus on what I have already, using them up and falling in love with all the products I no longer use. (Making a mental note to read this the next time I fall in love with a really bright coloured lipstick).
3. Meet more people – This resolution is mainly to do with the blogging community. I really want to connect more with all of you, and maybe even go to some of the meet ups. I think it’ll be a great way of making more friends, share interests and tell more people about my blog. If you ever do want a chat, then feel free to pop me a comment 🙂
4. Study hard – University is really tough at times, and I am really feeling the pressure so far this year. It is important to remember why I decided to pay £9,000 per year to go, and that I CAN achieve great things if I keep on studying hard.
5. Organisation – I don’t know if any of you have noticed, but my blog posting can be a bit sporadic at times. I have loads of ideas in my notebook that I need to get down onto my blog. I find it really hard to balance my university work, summer job searching, blogging and social life in the real world. Instead of worrying about everything, I think I will make more lists, or a timetable, to allocate on which days I do which things.
6. Live life – On all those Saturday nights when I’m doubting whether I should go out, or just stay huddled in bed or on the sofa, and them Sundays where nothing ever gets done, I really need to just go for it. Living life is so important. I’m very aware that I’ve only got a year more to live the university life, and I am going to make a conscious effort to go for it a bit more this month.
7. Stress less – As you have probably gathered from my description of most of these aims, I do really need to just keep it calm and stress less. It is so much easier to work through things when I’m not stressing. I am going to try to look at the bigger picture and keep things in perspective.
8. Be confident – I am naturally not a very confident person. Around my friends I am bubbly and love to have a giggle, but around new people I am so self-conscious. I really want to be able to walk into a room of new people without feeling a bit sick in my tummy. My aim is to tackle my insecurities, stop being my own worst critic and stop caring so much what other people think.
Thanks for reading my post guys 🙂 I will do an update at the end of the month. Do any of you have any resolutions this month? Or are there any new years resolutions that have been beneficial to you?