The capsule make-up bag for beginners is a post that I’ve seen spring up everywhere this month. I think its such a great idea, and thought I would share with you guys the 10 make-up products I use the most and my favourite brushes and moisturiser.
1. Moisturiser: The Body Shop’s Vitamin E SPF15 Moisture Lotion is absolutely fab. It sinks so nicely into the skin and makes it feel healthy and glowy. It’s also great if you are feeling a no face make up day because it even outs the skin tone and gives it a nice sheen.
2. Primer: Once again, The Body Shop have been winning with their products, and I don’t think I could go without my Vitamin C Skin Reviver. I’m not a fan of primers, so like to use this under my foundation and it looks amazing.
3. Foundation: It was really difficult for me to choose a favourite foundation, as I am in a weird love triangle between Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Rimmel’s Wake Me Up foundation. They are both really dewy finishes that can be built up to a strong medium coverage or sheered out for a really natural every day glow. The medium sized brush pictured above is my favourite to apply this with as it creates such a flawless coverage, the Expert Face Brush by Real Techniques.
4. Concealer: The high street favourite concealer has to be the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It stays on under my eyes for hours without creasing and is really high coverage. I apply this with the small brush pictured above (Real Techniques Shading Brush).
5. Powder: You can’t go wrong with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in translucent – you can use it to set your powder all year round as there is no colour pigment. It is so affordable and I prefer it to every other high end powder I have tried as it is light and not cakey.
6. Bronzer: The Bourjois Bronzing Primer is literally life. You can apply it under your foundation for a subtle wash of healthy colour. It is also awesome for contouring as it is matte and easily blendable over foundation. I use the Expert Face Brush to blend it just under my cheekbones.
7. Blush: Topshop cream blushers are my favourite hands down. I am not a big fan of blushers because I’d rather wear bronzer. However, the Topshop ones can be sheered to become really simple and pretty. My favourite shade is Afternoon Tea. This also applies really well with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
8. Highlighter: I don’t wear highlighter every day, but High Beam by Benefit looks absolutely gorgeous and is so easy to use. You don’t need to worry about using a messy powder, and simply dab it straight of the applicator and blend with your fingers. I really enjoy mixing it with my foundation on a day when my skin is really dull as it gives a really amazing brightening effect.
9. Eyeshadow: Nobody really has time to perfect a smoky eye or beautiful eyeshadow when they are in a massive hurry in the morning. Nothing really beats sweeping a Maybelline Colour Tattoo across the eyelid in a matter of seconds. My favourite colours have to be Pink Gold and On and On Bronze.
10. Eyeliner: The Soap and Glory Supercat liner is just perfection. It’s great for people like me who are rubbish at controlling their liner as it has a really thin felt tip applicator.
11. Mascara: No make-up look would be complete without mascara. To be perfectly honest, I’ve never found a mascara that I’ve been completely obsessed with. I love Soap and Glory’s Thick and Fast, but Benefit’s They’re Real has to be my favourite. The only issue with it I have is that it’s hard to remove and makes my eyelashes fall out a bit.