I’m not really one to wear a lot of make-up unless I’m going on a night out, where I feel brave enough to go bolder. I thought I’d share with you guys how I achieve flawless but natural looking skin, a simple silver smoky eye paired with a bold lip & I hope you guys like it.
- I wanted to achieve really flawless but natural looking skin, nothing too high-coverage or cakey as the rest of the make-up look is really full on.
- I start all of my make-up looks by applying The Body Shop’s Vitamin C Skin Reviver, it works great as a primer and has a brightening effect. It is fab for giving your skin some dewyness and the sense of a natural glow from within.
- To achieve an airbrushed feel to your skin, I would highly recommend the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge as it smooths the product over and into your skin effortlessly. For a more natural look, I dampened the sponge before use to make it glide easier and to use less product on my face.
- The BB cream I used was one I’ve been loving, Seventeen’s BB Magic Blemish Balm, which is medium coverage, contains SPF 25 and helps to minimise pores and blended it in with my Real Techniques sponge.
- Next I wanted to eliminate my dark under-eye circles so I used a concealer I’ve recently been trying out, Maybelline Fit Me in Sand. I find the formula really moisturising and it doesn’t crease under my eyes, which is great.
- I didn’t apply any blush or contour for this look because the eyes and lips were quite intense and I try to avoid looking very OTT.
- I enjoy wearing this eye look because it is SO easy to achieve. You only need to use two eyeshadows and it takes next to no time.
- I don’t prime my eyes (bad beauty guru here), but this is mainly because I have dry skin and so make-up doesn’t tend to slip off. I patted the L’Oreal Colour Appeal eyeshadow in Midnight Stars all over the lid and lightly blended it out with my MUA Blending Brush.
- Bit by bit I slowly applied Urban Decay’s Gunmetal shadow into the crease and outer corner and blended until I achieved the desired effect.
- Finally I lined my eyes with Soap and Glory’s Supercat, winging it out and then smothering my lashes in Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara.
- To prep my lips I applied some Burt Bee’s Pomegranate Lip Balm so that my lipstick would apply smoothly.
- I was feeling really indecisive and didn’t know whether to go with a bold fuchsia or red lip. I think either the Rimmel Apocolips in Big Bang or the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Shocking Fuschia.