I was really excited to be tagged to do this post by the wonderful Kavi. (She’s one of my faves so please do go check her blog out). The questions look really fun & so I thought I’d give it a go and tag some of you guys below.
1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I was startled at the realisation that I started this blog in late October 2013. I wasn’t aware that it had very nearly been a year since I started boring the internet world with my pointless ramblings. I’ve said this many a-time, but my motivation for starting a blog was so that I could have a creative outlet. As a literature and history student, it’s so refreshing to go online and babble a load of nonsense that isn’t academic.
2. Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
Vivianna Does Makeup was the first blog I began to read religiously and is still one that I check back on regularly. I have so much love for Anna’s posts & she has an amazing personality.
3. What was the first blogsphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
Barry M nail polishes were all the rage when I first started reading beauty/lifestyle blogs (which is amusing because this was 3 years ago and Barry M products are still pretty hyped today).
4. What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1) Having a creative outlet.
2) Being able to ramble about whatever I want is really therapeutic.
3) Connecting and relating to people of similar interests in one big friendly community.
4) Finding amazing tips and advice from other bloggers & improving my own writing style.
5) Reading the supportive comments that are left on my posts (which literally cheer me up so much on gloomy days).
5) What have you learnt from being a beauty blogger?
I used to find it a lot more difficult to express myself through words. Now I feel like I’ve developed my own writing style (which still needs some improving).
6) Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
I feel a lot more confident within myself. Writing on a weekly basis and producing content that people actually read is an amazing feeling. It can be hard but it’s taught me to stay motivated & that you’re always going to get something back from effort that you put in.
7) Is there any advice you’d give to bloggers just starting out?
My main three pieces of advice would be:
1) Write about what inspires you and makes you happy – if you don’t enjoy your content, it’ll seem forced and less personal.
2) Don’t compare yourself to others/be too hard on yourself. If no one reads a post you’ve written it can be a bit disheartening. Growth will be a long, gradual and sometimes painstaking process and you’ve just got to be consistent and patient.
3) Enjoy it! Hopefully most of you started blogging because you like to write. Don’t forget about why you started.
8) What are your top five makeup brands?
My favourite brand is The Body Shop, but if we’re talking purely make-up I’d have to go for…
1) Rimmel, 2) Maybelline, 3) Bourjois, 4) Revlon, 5) Soap and Glory.
9. Recommend your top five beauty products?
So there’s the tag complete guys, I hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers! I’d like to tag anyone who hasn’t done the tag before, but I’ll also leave some of my faves below: