Winter is all about festivity, snugly nights in and a fair amount of vampy make-up. It seems like the Christmassy time of the year is the perfect opportunity for wearing that shiny bold red lipstick during the day-time, or whacking on lots of glitter with a pair of massive eyelashes. In a time where almost anything goes with make-up, I love to bring in some deep purple shades into my every day look. Here are some of my favourite things to use to transition my beauty stash into the colder season.
1) The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate is perfect for days where you don’t have much time to get ready (but still want to look fabulous). Simply pat some onto your eyelid and blend out for an effortless and subtle metallic berry feel. (You can also intensify your look for the evening by packing more onto your eyelid and blending out).
2) The L’Oreal Color Riche L’Ombre Pure in Smoky 301 is one of my favourite highstreet eyeshadows. They are incredibly good value and quality, with a buttery texture that blends out effortlessly. I love using this purple shade as it has a real duo-chrome feel to it when you blend it into the crease of your eye. It makes your eyes really pop and gives you a bit of a vampy-look without being too OTT.
3) I’ve already gone on about my love for Topshop’s Drive lipstick in my review here so I won’t babble on too much. In short, it is the perfect berry shade that lasts all night long and will allow you to really make a statement this Winter!
4) Sinful Colors nail polish in Fig is a very wearable violet shade. I love that it’s not too dark so it’s really flattering and doesn’t wash the colour of your hands out. The formula of these nail polishes are amazing – all of the shades I have tried have been opaque in one coat and have lasted on the nails for days. Absolutely amazing value for just £1.99!
5) The Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner is my everyday eye-liner in choice, so switching up my look with the purple version was an absolute no-brainer. Using this along the bottom of your lash-line is great for making a statement this Winter. (And if you’re a fan of gel liner I’d recommend the MUA gel liner in the shade Fashionista).
What are your favourite products to use this Winter? Make sure you leave me a comment down below 🙂